Neighbourhood Housing Offices (NHO)
Search for your estate officer by block/estate name here.
Residents are advised that all queries should first be made to the neighbourhood office, where a member of the team will be on-hand to help.
Introduction to your Neighbourhood Housing OfficeYour neighbourhood team is responsible for all the tenancies in the area where you live. If you have a query about any aspect of your tenancy or just need some general advice about your housing situation, you should phone or visit your Neighbourhood Housing Office. We'll always try and give you an immediate answer, but if we can't, we'll look into the matter and get back to you quickly.
- Tenancy management, including giving tenancy advice and dealing with issues between neighbours such as harassment, anti-social behaviour and nuisance.
- Rent and service charge management.
- Helping with Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims and providing welfare advice.
- Arranging transfers and exchanges of homes.
- Advice and information on all services provided including maintenance, estate management, cleaning and repairs.
All our neighbourhood offices are accessible and comply with standards set by the Disability Discrimination Act.
If, however, you have a disability which is making it difficult to access your local Neighbourhood Office, we can arrange a home visit for you to help with your enquiry. Contact your local office for further details.
1) North East Neighbourhood Office (Stamford Hill & Clapton)
2) North West Neighbourhood Office (Stoke Newington)
3) Homerton Neighbourhood Office
4) Shoreditch and Queensbridge Neighbourhood Office
5) Whiston Road Sub Office