What is antisocial behavour?
Antisocial behaviour is "Any behaviour, whether or not it is itself criminal, which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to other people; including behaviour which puts people in fear of crime."
Hackney Homes takes antisocial behaviour (ASB) very seriously. Every resident has the right to live in their home without fear of intimidation, nuisance or harassment.
We put antisocial behaviour into one of four groups. These are:
. actions directed at people;
. ignoring the community and a person's well-being;
. damage to the environment; and
. misusing public spaces.
How to report antisocial behaviour
If you are a Hackney Homes tenant, leaseholder or a sub-tenant of a Hackney Homes leaseholder, then you should report any incidents of ASB directly to Hackney Homes in the first instance. You can report it by:
- Visiting, phoning or writing to any of our housing offices during office hours
- Calling 020 8356 3310, seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texting 07903 426 636
- Reporting it online here
- Your TMO office if you live in a property managed by a Tenant Management Organisation (TMO) Click here for details
- If you or anyone else is in danger, call the Police on 999
When you report antisocial behaviour we will:
acknowledge your complaint within five working days or within one day if it is urgent,
offer you a confidential interview so that we can record your complaint,
give you the name of the officer who will investigate your complaint;
assess your support needs and seek to meet them,
draw up an action plan with you and explain what you can expect to happen and when,
investigate your complaint,
implement a proactive, problem solving approach in partnership with residents and relevant agencies, taking prompt and effective action to resolve the antisocial behaviour and
review performance against the action plan with you at regular intervals.
To find out more about the specialist services we offer please click the links below
- Experiencing anti-social behaviour or noise nuisance
- Suspect or want to report drug abuse on your estate
- Reporting hate crime and the services offered
- Reporting domestic violence and services offered
- Illegal subletting, pirate radio and tenancy fraud
Our service standards
- You can expect to be treated fairly, with respect and according to your needs when you contact the service.
- We also expect our staff to be treated fairly and with respect.
- We are committed to tackling anti-social behaviour effectively and encourage all residents to report incidents of antisocial behaviour to us.